How to setup your domain to use Google Apps (Google Mail)
Google Apps™ is a suite of Google® applications that brings together essential services to help your business. This is a hosted service that lets businesses, schools, and institutions use a variety of Google products -- including Email, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Google Talk -- on a unique domain (e.g., www.yourcompany.com).
For instance, if you own the domain example.com and you sign up for Google Apps services, everyone at your organization will get:
- A custom email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tools for word processing
- Spreadsheets and presentations
- A shared calendaring system
- And much, much more!
The following steps must be completed with Google before continuing:
- Signup for a Google Apps account at: https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new
- Verify ownership on the main Google Apps Dashboard at: http://google.com/a/your_domain.com (replace your_domain.com with your actual domain name)
How to configure your domain to use Google Apps on our server:
- Login to cPanel
- Under the "Mail" section, click the "Remote MX Wizard" icon
- Select the domain you want to setup with Google Apps and click "Next Step"
- Select the additional services you want to configure with Google Apps
- Click "Continue & configure domain with Google Apps"